Wanted – Social Media Coordinator (Volunteer)
Psoriasis Australia is a national not-for-profit organisation that works with patients suffering from psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis, health professionals, carers, governments and the public to reduce the impact on patients and to raise awareness on the impact of psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis on Australians. We are the voice of psoriasis sufferers in Australia.
Over 125 million people worldwide and approximately 1.6 million Australians suffer from psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis and other associated comorbidities such as cardiovascular disease, Crohn’s disease, diabetes, depression, and anxiety. At present, there is no known cause to the disease and no cure is available to sufferers.
We are looking for a Social Media Coordinator (Volunteer) who will report directly to the CEO to raise the profile of Psoriasis Australia and psoriasis leading into World Psoriasis Day on October 29. The aims of the program are:
- Increase the awareness of psoriasis across the Australian community
- Advocate for better services for sufferers of psoriasis
- Provide relevant information to various stakeholders about psoriasis
- Strengthening the Psoriasis Australia brand so that it is targeted and relevant for all stakeholder groups
- Eliciting high levels of engagement for all Psoriasis Australia World Psoriasis Day social media posts
- Ensuring Psoriasis Australia World Psoriasis Day messages, resources and programs have maximum impact and/or reach
Your background, skills, and experience
You will have a can-do attitude with knowledge of psoriasis or psoriatic arthritis and the impact on individuals lives.
Specifically, you will have:
- Understanding of various social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and work autonomously
- Project management skills
- 4 to 5 hours’ time commitment per week
To apply for this position, tell us why you are interested, and what skills and qualifications you have that will help you do a great job in more than 500 words to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject Social Media Coordinator (Volunteer).